Samsung started rolling the new security patch for Galaxy S7 Edge in the US Unlocked carrier. The latest update brings the Android’s Security patch level to July 2018. The update is now live for US Unlocked variant Galaxy S7 Edge with model no SM-G935U. The software version for Galaxy S7 Edge accompanied with G935UUES4CRG3 which also brings a couple of other improvements and fixes. The baseband version G935UUES4CRG3 weighs around 192MB in size which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge features a 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core Exynos 8890 Octa coupled with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB/64GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge comes with 12MP rear Camera and 5MP front shooting camera.
The update is rolling them over the air for Galaxy S7 Edge users with variant SM-G935U. If you have not received, then you can follow our instructions on how to check the latest software update manually on Galaxy S7 Edge [US Unlocked]. If you have the OTA update on Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935U, then hit the download to upgrade your device to G935UUES4CRG3 July 2018 Security Patch. It is always good to keep your device on the latest software update. In case if you still not received the build, then make sure to check for the software update manually on Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935U).
We recommend you to upgrade your phone to the latest security patch to keep safe from security vulnerabilities, malware, and virus.
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy S7 Edge?
You can download it over the air by tapping the Download updates manually option in the Software update menu in the phone’s Settings app.
- For that Go to Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If you find any new software update on Galaxy S7 Edge, you can hit the Download now button to start upgrading. Wait till the download process completes and your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Your device will reboot and wait for the installation process to complete. Tap OK. That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software update on Galaxy S7 Edge.
If you are manually downloading the latest G935UUES4CRG3 July 2018 security patch then hang on to a strong Wi-Fi network. This will help you save your carrier data. Also, keep your phone battery on ample charge. If there is a low power, no update can take place. Alternatively, you can also manually download and install the OTA firmware on Galaxy S7 Edge using ODIN Software. Below you can find the link to download the stock firmware and guide to install the software update.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Carrier: US Unlocked
- Region: USA
- Model: SM-G935U
- Baseband Version: G935UUES4CRG3
- Security Patch Level: 01.07.2018
- Software: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
Steps to Install G935UUES4CRG3 manually:
If you have not received the OTA update, then make sure your device is not rooted or installed any custom ROM. You can always follow this simple guide to update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on US Unlocked Galaxy S7 Edge.
Required Download Files
Required Odin and Drivers:
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy S7 Edge [SM-G935U]
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Instructions to Install Using ODIN
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to G935UUES4CRG3 on Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935U.
Guide to Flash Firmware Using ODIN
I hope this guide was helpful to install July 2018 Security Patch on US Unlocked Galaxy S7 Edge based on Android 8.0 Oreo.